Travel Occupational Therapist/ OT/ Hand Therapist/ Certified Hand Therapist OT/CHT: orthopedic outpatient practice seeking an occupational therapist, as well as a certification in hand therapy or currently working toward this hand therapy certificate. Experience with dynamic splinting a plus.
*Will consider an OT with hand therapy/upper extremity experience.
We are seeking a full-time Hand Therapist/Hand Therapy Occupational Therapist/Certified Hand Therapist for an immediate start date. The facility is fully equipped with modern state of the art equipment necessary for all rehab programs. Our practice is manual and exercises-based therapy.
We are seeking:
- Graduate from an accredited college with an AOTA curriculum.
- CHT certification preferred but not required. Upper Extremity, Dynamic Splinting experience a must.
- One or more year(s) of outpatient orthopedic experience within a private clinic or hospital preferred.
- Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Creates treatment plans in accordance with instructions and consent of referring physician;
- Evaluates patient treatment programs in coordination with the medical staff.
- Performs written re-evaluations in preparation for patients return for follow-up Physician appointments, or at minimum documents progress every six (6) therapy sessions.
- Provides services that help improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients.
- Fabricates custom-made splints and communicates with physician to ensure the patient receives the correct splint.
- Meets or communicates regularly with a variety of healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and case managers to ensure successful patient treatment outcomes.
- Documents evaluative findings, treatments administered, the assessment of patient response to treatment and treatment plan, and other relevant information.
- Provides excellent customer service engaging in the use of clear, comprehensive, and frequent communication with patients, family members, or other members of the rehab team.
- Educates patients in the prevention of injuries, conditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary plus an individual incentive plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as continuing education reimbursement and Paid Time Off.
Questions? Please contact us at 1-877-221-2981 or locally at 301-337-6921 and submit your confidential resume to www.criticalcxt.com/careers/submit-your-resume/