Clinic Coordinator – Physical Therapist
As one of the nation’s leaders in allied healthcare placement and staffing, CCI is focused on uniting quality candidates with the most quality-minded healthcare organizations and private practices, Nationwide. This exclusive process helps ensure the best professional and personal fit between CCI candidates and clients.
CCI is currently searching for a Physical Therapist (PT) Clinic Coordinator to join our growing team! Responsible for initial evaluation, re-evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementation, reporting and documentation of all referred patients within departmental and professional standards. Also, a coordination position is instrumental in affecting day-to-day operations at the Outpatient Center in coordination with the Clinic Manager. Coordinates effective short-term scheduling and team member coverage in communication with the Clinic Manager who has final authority. Individual is responsible to work with the Clinic Manager to promote proper and efficient utilization of quality services. Participates in program development, expansion, and improvement with the Clinic Manager and other team members. Helps develop and maintain systems to increase referrals and to communicate with physicians, insurers and external case managers.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy. Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) to five (5) years clinical experience working with a general ortho patient population in an outpatient therapy setting preferred. Program development experience preferred.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and/or Virginia licensure required as deemed necessary for your specific location(s). American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required.
SKILLS: Professional competency as a general practitioner in physical therapy; demonstrates independent use of varied evaluation and treatment approaches.
- Conducts initial evaluations, re-evaluations, treatment planning, treatment implementation, reporting and documentation of all referred patients within departmental and professional standards
- Assists with developing and maintaining systems to increase referrals and to communicate with physicians, insurers and external case managers.
- Assists in new team member, student and volunteer orientation.
- Collaborates with the Director to provide ongoing feedback to team members regarding observed performance and talents to facilitate goal achievement and completes performance appraisals on a timely basis.
- Participates in development and implementation of goals and objectives for the program area and clinic.
- Takes initiative in pursuing and directing continuing education for professional growth and competency in areas of interest.
CCI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CCI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Join the CCI team today by submitting your confidential resume or calling us toll-free at 1-877-221-2981 and make the connection today!