We are seeking an Athletic Trainer who will support the operations of sports medicine services for 18 NCAA Division I sports teams in the MEAC conference. The Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injuries within the University as well as coordination of care with an extensive network of outside medical providers.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
* ATC certification
* New Grads welcome
* NATABOC Certified
* Bachelors Degree Required, master’s degree in Athletic Training or similar preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective written and oral communications.
* Strong ability to prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness and desire to work as part of a team.
* Familiarity with Sportsware Online
* Knowledge of insurance structure, filing claims, and appropriate record keeping.
* Ability to mentor, educate, and organize Assistant Athletic Trainers as well college students with an interest in the field of athletic training or something similar
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE:
* Actively supports and incorporates mission into daily activities as outlined in the Clinic Mission Statement.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude and positive interactions with the public, employees, physicians, and administration so that productively and positive interpersonal relationships are maximized.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information.
* Adheres to established policies and procedures.
* Is polite and team-oriented.
* Works collaboratively to provide each team an assigned athletic trainer
* Evaluates and provides preventive solutions for injuries and illnesses
* Provides education and outreach to student-athletes, university staff, and community on various health-related topics
* Provides counseling, education and appropriate resources to student-athletes for sports-related injuries, mental health, and nutrition
* Performs administrative duties such as but not limited to inventory, documentation, record keeping, and budget
* Assists with coordination of medical services for both home and away competitions
* Supervises, educates, mentors, and recruits assistant athletic trainers as well as university students interested in the profession of athletic training or physical therapy
* Works within the sports medicine team both internally and externally to provide a continuum of care for student-athletes
* Provides services to and travels with teams as assigned
* Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that the University is in compliance with all MEAC, NCAA, State and National laws regulating student-athletes and athletic trainers in regards to sports medicine services.
* Provides accurate and timely documentation to the University regarding injuries
* Facilitates all insurance documentation and records management
* Works collaboratively with all on-campus medical professionals to provide appropriate oversight to student-athletes
* Works in conjunction with The Sports Medicine Department to provide additional resources and support to university athletic trainers and student-athletes
* Reports to Director of Sports Medicine Operations and the Athletic Director
* 1,000 in continuing education reimbursement. Full Health Benefits package. Strong Mentorship Programs for New Grads and New Hires with previous ATC experience.
* Opportunities for PRN work at camps and tournaments and with professional and collegiate sports teams
* Participation in the Annual Sports Medicine Staff Development Conference
* Unlimited online CEUs through our partnership with MedBridge
Visit us online at www.therapycareers.com or call us directly at 301-337-6921
Submit your confidential resume directly to www.therapycareers.com/submit-resume/ and make the connection today!