We are seeking an Athletic Trainers (ATC) who will support the operations of an Outpatient Orthopedic Practice in Northern Virginia. The Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injuries within the Practice as well as coordination of care with an extensive network of outside medical providers.
We have full-time opportunities available at the following locations:
1) Oakton 2) Tyson’s Corner 3) Fairfax 4) Ashburn 5) Springfield 6) Herndon 7) Potomac Falls 8) Leesburg 9) Burke
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
* ATC certification
* New Grads welcome- Mentorship available for new grads
* NATABOC Certified
* Bachelors Degree Required, master’s degree in Athletic Training or similar preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective written and oral communications.
* Strong ability to prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness and desire to work as part of a team.
* Knowledge of insurance structure, filing claims, and appropriate record keeping.
* Ability to mentor, educate, and organize Assistant Athletic Trainers as well college students with an interest in the field of athletic training or something similar
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE:
* Actively supports and incorporates mission into daily activities as outlined in the Clinic Mission Statement.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude and positive interactions with the public, employees, physicians, and administration so that productively and positive interpersonal relationships are maximized.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information.
* Adheres to established policies and procedures.
* Is polite and team-oriented.
* Works collaboratively to provide each team an assigned athletic trainer
* Evaluates and provides preventive solutions for injuries and illnesses
* Provides education and outreach to student-athletes, university staff, and community on various health-related topics
* Provides counseling, education and appropriate resources to our general orthopedic and sports medicine patient population.
* Performs administrative duties such as but not limited to inventory, documentation, record keeping, and budget
* Assists with coordination of medical services for both home and away competitions
* Supervises, educates, mentors, and recruits assistant athletic trainers as well as university students interested in the profession of athletic training or physical therapy
* Works within the sports medicine team both internally and externally to provide a continuum of care for student-athletes
* Provides services to and travels with teams as assigned
* Facilitates all insurance documentation and records management
* Works collaboratively with all on-campus medical professionals to provide appropriate oversight to student-athletes
* Reports to Director of Sports Medicine Operations.
Full Health Benefits package. Strong Mentorship Programs for New Grads and New Hires with previous ATC experience
* Participation in the Annual Sports Medicine Staff Development Conference
* Unlimited online CEUs
Visit us online at www.therapycareers.com or call us directly at 301-337-6921
Submit your confidential resume directly to www.therapycareers.com/submit-resume/ and make the connection today!